August 2018 – Boats, Bargains & Brosnan

I love reading blog posts like this so I’ve decided to do my own version at the end of every month, kind of like a recap of what I’ve been up to and what I’ve been using and loving. Basically a monthly favourite but with an added monthly throw back too!

What I’ve been up to

We started off the month at our friends wedding which was set in such a beautiful venue, right in the middle of a forest, I felt like I was in a Disney film! Adrian was a groomsman and we had so much fun celebrating with everyone. I also got my outfit from… Sainsbury’s… in the sale… for £13!!! The best purchase I think I have ever made as I’ve never received as many compliments on an outfit before.

The morning after we had an early start of 5AM (5AM starts on a Sunday should be illegal unless its for a holiday) to get to Goodwood Race Circuit for an event, as you can imagine I wasn’t in the best mood about this! But everything was soon forgotten once we got there and I had a yummy fry-up. Anything for a bit of good food!

I also saw Mamma Mia 2 at the cinema with my Mum, Nan, best friend Paige who also brought her Mum & Nan! I bloody loved it and sung all the songs on my drive home! If you haven’t seen it, go watch it. I’ve since acquired a new obsession with Pierce Brosnan…

The following weekend we celebrated my Sister in Laws birthday in Isle of Wight which was so much fun! Plus look how cute Ben looks in his life jacket…

I had a lovely day out with my mum in London; you can read all about that here.

What I’ve loved this month

Adrian and I have started watching Power on Netflix and we are hooked! It started off a bit slow and after 3 episodes I wasn’t too fussed it we carried on watching it or not, but we stuck with it and I am so thankful as I now think its brilliant! It’s based around two of the main drug dealers in New York and the plot twists are so good, I never see them coming!!

I’m still listening to podcasts everyday, read about all that here. I also just listened to the first Deliciously Ella episode and found it really interesting how they set the company up!

I have discovered a new artist through Apple Music that I have had on repeat all month, Dean Lewis. His voice is amazing; my favourite song of his at the moment is Be Alright. Go check him out!

This month I have been having more non-make up days than usual, when the heatwave hit here in the UK I just couldn’t bare the thought of applying make up! So I have simply been brushing my brows with the Rimmel Brow this way Gel and applying mascara. A simple 3 minute make up routine that doesn’t make you look like you’ve just rolled out of bed, even if you have!

It’s been a busy but fabulous month that started off ridiculous hot and ended a bit grey… so let’s hope for a bit more sunshine over the next few weeks!

What did you get up to in August?

Thank you for reading!

Love From,

Chloe x

11 Comments

1. September 7, 2018 / 12:41 pm

That wedding looks absolutely gorgeous! I do love a round up post 🙂
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

• Chloe Louise
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 11:30 am

I am so glad you enjoyed it, thanks so much for reading, Chloe xx

2. August 28, 2018 / 7:03 am

I’m enjoying this kind of post too. I like your leather jacket and thanks for reminding me to watch Mamma Mia 2, I watched the first and I totally loved it.

• Chloe Louise
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 11:28 am

Thank you, the jacket is a bargain from Zara!

I hope you enjoy the movie I thought it was better than the first!! Chloe x

3. Nina
    August 27, 2018 / 11:51 pm

This was so interesting to read. You look gorgeous in this leather jacket, and how cute is your dog.

Nina’s Style Blog

• Chloe Louise
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 11:27 am

I am so glad you enjoyed it, thank you for reading!! Chloe xx

4. August 27, 2018 / 11:04 am

It sounds like a perfect month, full of wonderful and positive experiences 😀
    We’ve been traveling around our sunny Portugal, creating content and filming, as we recently start a new project of self development and inspirational videos so it was epic!

With love and light,

Patricia & Miguel

• Chloe Louise
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 11:26 am

Ahhh that sounds amazing, I love Portugal! I cant wait to see your new content, all the best! Chloe x

5. August 26, 2018 / 9:48 pm

what a fun blog post to read! I love it when a blogger gets personal with the readers. It’s getting colder over here in Germany and I can’t believe Fall is coming closer each day as we are already at the end of August. I started my final year of college and hope to end it successfully next year. right now i am just focusing on getting my life together a.k.a. study hard for it. haha! x
    have a wonderful day! I am glad to stumble upon your blog! x

• Chloe Louise
      Author
      August 30, 2018 / 11:25 am

I am so glad you enjoyed this post, I am going to do it every month now 🙂

I wish you every success in your final year at college! The hard work will pay off, Chloe xx