After a lot of trial and error I have finally nailed my favourite breakfast recipe! My version of overnight oats…
I am a true believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I think a healthy, filling breakfast is the prefect way to give you the energy for a productive day! As I go to the gym in the morning before work I like to have a breakfast that I can make the night before and is going to fill me up after a workout… this ticks both boxes! So I always prepare this and keep it in a container so I can simply wake up, grab it from the fridge then have it post work-out at my work desk. It is also good to do 2 days worth at a time so you don’t have to do it every night.
Recipe for one portion:
- 90g Oats
- 200ml Un-sweetened Almond Milk (play around with this depending on how soggy you like it, I tend to do it until the milk is just level with the oats so it thickens overnight)
- 1 Handful of raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
- ½ Apple
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Small handful of almond nuts
- 1 Handful of raspberries (or any fruit preference)
Method: (it’s really easy)
- 1. Add oats and almond milk to your bowl/container and mix together.
- 2. Grate the apple and mix in
- 3. Measure and add the raisins chia seeds and peanut butter, mix well until the peanut butter is evenly spread.
- 4. Top with the almond nuts and fruit!
- 5. Keep the container/bowl in the ridge over night & enjoy in the morning
You basically just need to chuck it all in a bowl and mix it together!
If you give this a try, I hope you enjoy!
Thanks for reading!